Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine Tag Walkthrough

Made a Valentine's Tag, inspired by 12 Tags of 2013 - February, over at Tim Holtz's blog. I'm not sure I followed the rules, but the stamp that's used in the example is one that I don't have. And since I have spent way too much money on new supplies recently (there was an awesome arts & crafts fair here in NL not too long ago), I couldn't afford to buy the queen of hearts stamp. So I improvised! 

Most of the supplies you will see here are new and bought at the fair. Now, down to business! (Scroll down to see the end result.)

Valentine's Tag

#8 Manila tag dragged through Distress Inks.
Colors: Fired Brick, Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar.


Distressed the sides with the distresser
and colored them with the blending tool and Fired Brick.
Added Script to the background with Distress Ink Fired Brick.

Created a label from pink card stock and punched a heart from it.
Stamped hearts on that same card stock and cut them out. 


Colored a piece of string, because the original color
of the string didn't fit the color scheme I was working with.


Because I don't have stamps in the Blue Print line (yet),
I decided to draw my own and colored it with Copic markers.

I glued the separate elements on the tag.

Because I felt that the colored hearts didn't
fit the color scheme and because I wanted to ad
some glitter, I went over them with
Twinkling H2Os: Jasmine and Love Struck.

I also added the string and glued hearts at
the ends, because the ends were ugly looking.

Finally, I added a string with beads to the top.


No comments: