Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I Ought to Use This More!

Card making is one of my guilty pleasures. I'm a fervent believer of learning and taking inspiration from creative fields that you don't normally dabble in. 

So I joined in on the Monday Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp, entitled "I ought to use this more!".

I have so many products, I sometimes forget how cool they all are. So I decided to play with my Ranger Industries/Tim Holtz products again.

Using Distress Stains, Distress Paint, manila tags, Faber Castell dot tool, acrylics, gesso, a splatter tool, I created the tags on these cards. The circles are a 2" punch, covered with Pearlescent acrylic paint.

Purple card: The Thanks die I received in the mail today from Simon Says Stamp (along with other yummy products!). Added purple washi tape and sequins for added interest.

Pink card: The dog I drew with a Micron pen from a photo (Shutterstock). I used the Always border die from Simon Says Stamp with the matching sentiments. The dotted ribbon at the bottom is patterned paper.





No comments: