Thursday, January 29, 2009

SGA comic

Fan comic for Stargate Atlantis (SGA). The characters you see here are Rodney McKay and John Sheppard.

It was actually quite funny, because I started with that pic of Sheppard lying down, hurt. More because I wanted to try that pose in this style than anything else (and gosh, it took me about 50 tries and there's still room for improvement..) and then I simply drew two squares above him lying there. So I worked from that central drawing on, without having a story or whatever in my mind. It's lots of fun doing it this way. From here I can work backwards or forward, whatever I want. Yay!

Also, I tried to make every frame a tiny piece of artwork, not only a comic frame. I did that for my own pleasure, but also as a tribute to the makers of the series, who make the final production such an awesome piece of art to look at.
Anyway, that's why there's some collage in there, as well as colored pencil and ink and different usage of lines. Oh, and a tiny bit of waterpaint for the stars in the first frame (though the scanner sort of killed those, but they're there, trust me. There's a lot of more stars to the sky than you think..).

So yeah, enjoy!


Stargate Atalantis (c) MGM

2 comments:

morjana said...

Hi, Sjors!

Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing!

Gina said...

And thank you for commenting! :D